What Do I Do If My Roof Is Damaged By A Storm?
A storm can cause a lot of damage to your home, and one of the most vulnerable parts of your home during a storm is your roof. If your roof has been damaged by a storm, you may be wondering what to do next. The good news is that there are some steps you can take to minimize the damage and get your roof repaired as quickly as possible. In this blog post, we’re going to take a look at what you should do if your roof has been damaged by a storm.
1. Assess the Damage: The first thing you should do is assess the damage that has been done to your roof. If you can safely get up onto your roof, take a look and see what you can see. Look for missing shingles, dented or cracked roofing, or any other signs of damage. If you can’t safely get onto your roof, take a look from the ground and try to assess the damage as best you can.
2. Contact Your Insurance Company: Once you have assessed the damage, it’s time to contact your insurance company. Let them know what has happened and provide them with any information they need to process your claim. They may send someone out to assess the damage themselves, or they may ask you to provide them with photos or other documentation.
3. Get a Professional Inspection: Even if you think the damage
is minor, it’s always a good idea to get a professional inspection. A professional can identify any damage that you may have missed, and can give you an estimate of the cost to repair the damage.
4. Hire a Reputable Roofing Contractor: Once you know the extent of the damage, it’s time to hire a reputable roofing contractor. Look for a contractor who has experience with storm damage and who is licensed and insured. They should be able to provide you with a detailed estimate for the repairs.
5. Get the Repairs Done: Once you have hired a roofing contractor, it’s time to get the repairs done. Make sure you follow up with the contractor to ensure that the work is completed in a timely and satisfactory manner.
Dealing with storm damage to your roof can be stressful, but it’s important to take action as soon as possible to minimize the damage and get your roof repaired. By following the steps above, you can ensure that your roof is repaired quickly and professionally, and that your home is protected from future storms. Remember, if you ever have any questions or concerns about storm damage to your roof, don’t hesitate to contact a professional.